View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #26
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I originally picked up the game over 2 years ago, one of the few games I ever paid full price new for. Popped it in just to test out the disc and to just "try it out", next thing I know it's 6am and I'm supposed to be getting up for work.

I had to put it away, or else I never would have slept again. I just got completely enthralled and just kept going.

Actually perma-loaned that copy to a buddy, which is probably now wandering the world with his army unit.

Anyhow, borrowed my brothers regular edition copy recently, dipped back in and have already put about 20 hours back into it. And I've barely left the Megaton area. I'm definitely going to get the GOTY edition at some point, which is cheaper than buying all the DLC through the marketplace.

That even just wandering around a desolated wasteland is so intriguing, picking up and throwing tin cans, just poking my nose into derelict buildings hoping to not get blown up by traps, I've barely even touched the quests and am truly enjoying it.

One thing that struck me just last night, how vivid the sunrise and sunset transitions are. It's quite spectacular and outside the Red Dead Redemption day/night cycling haven't seen anything that can quite match it. I stood there for a few minutes and just watched the sun come up.

I think this game is pretty special.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote