View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #85
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
AFAIK there is no glitch from the DLC, i got all the achievements with DLC weapons enabled no problem

The guide writer noted them as glitchy but didn't really expand on that. I was assuming that the DLC gave you a level higher tier weapon than normally achievable, (like the origional Godfather) and once enabled you were no longer able to upgrade weapons further nullifying the achievement.

I was about to play it through twice, 1st without DLC gear second with DLC gear on Nightmare but now I don't have to. I will play once to enjoy the experience, then cheese the rest of the 1000. Some games I work for, but this one isn't it. I got it to try it out on a whim Its cool, but 2 playthroughs would be too much for this type of game for me. I still have Deus Ex to get done before the next few games on my Gamefly hit release day need to go fast!

EDIT: I have the Weapon/Dress DLC and all achievements popped no problem, including last checkpoint on Nightmare exploit. Not sure if that was an issue but extra confirmation that it works fine.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 09-13-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote