View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #35
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryRuins View Post
Not perfect IMO, and at first really couldn't get used to the DFM system, but as I slowly mastered how it works, Assault Horizon isn't too bad for me. I still prefer the more story-telling-focusing style on AC6 (and AC4 & 5 to other fans but I haven't played them), but the online play is definitely great fun.
I would agree 100% that regardless of your feelings towards DFM / ASM, it does definitely take some getting used to. Even when I did get used to it and master it, I just never found it something I could get on with.

I mean it is intended to give a sense of speed and heart thumping action, and it does in some small part but, to anyone who knows anything about aircraft, when you enter into a dogfight with an SU-25 Frogfoot and it weaves around the skies like a small agile fighter such as the Typhoon, it starts getting a bit silly. The Frogfoot is so slow in real life it take bird strikes in the rear and turns like a pregnant cow, it is basically the fat guy who never leaves his house and hasn't seen his genitals in 15 years of the aviation world.

I just think they didn't need it, but for better or worse it is here, still a great game though.

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote