View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
admeister

livemeisler's Gamercard
I Changed the World! - 40
Clear Hero Mode for the first time.

This is much harder to do than clearing Story Mode. Unlike the strong characters offered to you in the Story Mode, your Hero starts out extremely weak, and takes a while to level up. Many of the Event Battles will probably give you trouble, with the fight against Piccolo being one that many people get stuck on. Always keep in mind that there are optional battles available on the map (marked by the blue symbols) at all times. Winning these will reward you with a small amount of AP each time. Every time that your Hero's stats level up (e.g. rank C to B), that part of him will get much stronger. It can take a while to gather enough points to get your Hero to a high level though, but you won't be able to beat the event battles if you don't get points. If you're stuck, or feel that you're strong enough but are having trouble getting through some of the event battles, you can always rely on some cheap tactics to make life easier.

My tried and tested pro tip is this: After hitting your opponent with a Knockback Combo ( button at the attack clash screen), you should be placed above them (in the air) since you smashed them into the ground at the end of the combo. I find that the combo where you knock your opponent upwards by pressing up on the control stick with each press of the button works best for this. Once they're down, repeatedly fire fully charged Ki blasts at your opponent, most will hit them (for good damage), and they won't be able to fight back at all. You can weaken them very easily using this method, then finish him them off at your leisure. Even the hardest level AI in this game are pretty much helpless if your character is directly above them. It's a cheap tactic, but very effective. I used it quite a few times to get the edge over my opponent.

How Do I Look? - 10
Obtain a Hero hairstyle for the first time.

Easy, just keep picking up accessories until you find a hairstyle. Accessories are the cross/plus shaped white symbols marked on the Dragon Radar. New ones appear after each event/boss fight.

Becoming Fashion Aware - 10
Obtain a Hero costume for the first time.

Just keep picking up accessories until you find a costume. Accessories are the cross/plus shaped white symbols marked on the Dragon Radar. New ones appear after each event/boss fight.

The Martial Artist's Path - 10
Obtain a Hero Fight Style for the first time.

After choosing your first Master in the Hero Mode's training menu, simply complete all their training (instead of a percentage, a star icon will then be displayed next to their name on the list). You'll then be awarded with their Fight Style.

Master! Please Teach Me! - 10
Obtain a Hero Master for the first time.

All you have to do is choose your first Master in Hero Mode's training menu (accessed with the button on the map screen). Very easy.

Limit Breaker - 30
Obtain 20000 Hero AP.

You'll want to do this after beating all the events in Hero Mode. If you've beaten Hero Mode, you'll have access to all the battles you've done before. Each of the stars on the map are event battles, and some give you more AP for winning than others. The most efficient training method that I found was to beat Captain Ginyu (the star at the Wasteland) repeatedly, since he's very easy to beat and gives about 50 AP each time. You can skip the story dialogue fairly quickly by repeatedly pressing the button and then the button.

If you start to get tired of beating him, you can always do another story battle for a little while. Piccolo (the star at the Glacier) is a good one as he gives about the same amount of points. He takes much longer to beat though. You can also alternate between doing the event fights and working on the training menu to help relieve your boredom. Just keep at it until the achievement unlocks. If you're using a Balanced Hero, this should be around the time that his skills reach the A rank.

Growing in Power - 10
Obtain 500 Hero AP.

See 'Limit Breaker'.

Point Getter - 20
Obtain 1000 Hero AP.

See 'Limit Breaker'.

Tapping into Latent Power - 20
Collect 10 Skills.

See 'Skill Master'.

Skill Master - 30
Collect 20 Skills.

Skills are one of the items that you are awarded with for completing battles in the Hero Mode's training menu. You'll know them when you see them since they are labelled, and will always have names like 'Melee Attack +4'. The various different Auras (such as Good Saiyan Aura) that you are awarded with also count as skills. You can view your earned skills by going into the Hero Mode's 'Customize Skills' menu from the capsule case.

Which One Shall I Choose? - 20
Collect 10 Super Attacks.

See 'Super Attack Collector'.

Super Attack Collector - 30
Collect 30 Super Attacks.

Super Attacks are one of the items that you are awarded with for completing battles in the Hero Mode's training menu. You'll know them when you see them since they are all named after various characters attacks (such as Galick Gun). You can view your earned Super Attacks by going into the Hero Mode's 'Customize Supers' menu from the capsule case. You can also unlock Super Attacks by playing through the game's Story Mode. Overall, this is a very easy achievement.

I Still Want To Fight - 15
Win 5 times in 1P vs. CPU battle.

See 'Fight Seeker'.

I Want to Fight Someone Strong! - 20
Win 30 times in 1P vs. CPU battle.

See 'Fight Seeker'.

Fight Seeker - 30
Win 50 times in a 1P vs. "Very Strong" CPU battle.

This is going to take a while. All you can do is keep fighting and fighting until you win enough battles. Make sure that the opponent's difficulty is set to "Very Strong" before you begin.

Here's a useful tip that will make it go faster: Create a new Hero in the Hero Mode's character creator (his type doesn't matter). Go back to Battle Mode, and choose this new Hero as your opponent. He'll have very low health and strength, making him very easy and quick to beat. The 'I still want to fight' and 'I want to fight someone strong' achievement will unlock as you go, and are a handy marker of your progress.

Defense Learner - 10
Perform Defense Reaction-Guard 10 times total in real battle.

You'll unlock this while playing through the Story Mode and Hero Mode.

Last edited by admeister; 11-04-2011 at 03:53 AM.
admeister is offline   Reply With Quote