View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #73
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchunthunt View Post
is there a quest that gives a permanent bonus similar to "ancient knowledge" (+15% skill increase to smithing, 25% dwarven armor rating) but for enchanting instead. i'm at 86 enchanting, 100 smithing, and 100 alchemy so i'm almoooooost done power leveling my skills. i'm just losing patience because enchanting sucks since you can't mass enchant. you have to reload the enchanting table for each dagger and it is almost painful how long it takes to enchant 100+ daggers, not to mention how hard it is to come by the petty/lesser soul gems for all of them. i just want to make this as easy as possible. i found a warhammer with a soul trap enchant on it if an enemy is killed within 7seconds. i'm thinking of disenchanting it and then enchanting one of my swords (since i am way stronger with one-handed) and going out there and killing wildlife to fill up my azura's star. i kind of regret not choosing the black star instead so i could fill it with humanoid souls too. i wasn't thinking at the time... oh well.

EDIT
nm... i realized that while you can use the star an infinite amount of times you cant store an infinite amount of souls on it :/

anyway... i basically want to know if anybody has any tips or suggestions to make these last 14 enchanting points go by as quickly and pain free as possible.
As far as I know (by looking up the guide) there is no quest reward bonus, shrine, standing stone or item of any kind that improves the actual enchantment. The max % increase you can get is 157%

100% from the perk "Enchanter" 5/5
25% from the perk "Insightful Enchanter"
32% from the best potion that can be made

Getting the enchanting skill to 100 obviously will be good too but I don't know how to measure that %?

As for the last 14 levels, just keep doing what you're doing. If you got plenty of money just buy the petty and lesser filled up gems from the guy in Dragonsreach as described in the guide above.
Also I would recommend you disenchant that soul trap warhammer and then make your own bow, improve it best you can and then enchant it with soul trap. Move the slider over to the left for a soul trap of only 1 second as that's all you'll need to capture your own souls. This is only if you don't want to just buy them.
Oh, and don't forget as you're enchanting all those daggers/bracers, to enchant it with the most expensive enchantment you have. Skill progression is based on $$$ it's worth.

"The Mage" Standing Stone makes your magic skills (including enchanting) level up 20% faster. This lasts until you activate another stone.
If you're "Well Rested" you get another 10% (15% if you sleep in same house as spouse) this lasts only 8 hours.

Last edited by oooo yeah; 11-22-2011 at 06:36 AM.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote