View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 04:45 AM   #49
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday9357 View Post
What needs to be realized is that even though an Arcade game is and should be realized as an Arcade game, that doesn't automatically mean that one should lower his expectations for said title.

Plenty of arcade titles in recent memory have been admirable, or even perfect (Bastion, Limbo) within the creative and budgetary constraints allowed by an Arcade game. We judge an Arcade game, and any game for that matter, by how well it performs within these constraints.

When a kid from the slums of Chicago applies to attend an ivy-league institution, his test scores aren't judged against the standards held by a prep school in Cambridge, Massachusetts, but judged against those of his classmates.

We cannot let off Amy for failing by saying "Oh, it's only 10 dollars" or "It's supposed to be artificially hard" because its developers simply failed at providing a quality experience. Plenty of other Arcade developers have created wonderful works within these same constraints, and we must criticize Amy because it is not a quality video game.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Based off the reviews and from what I've seen on Youtube, I doubt I'll pick this up, like originally planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote