Thread: Opinions so far
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #21
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Wasn't really expecting too much before the demo. Played the demo. I noticed that the boss battles didn't have too much actual game play, but as for being actually entertained, this more than fit the bill. The bosses aren't hard, but I don't think this game is intended to be hard. Not "hard" like Dark Souls cheapness or "hard" like Bayonetta's chaos management.

I pay to be entertained, not endlessly eat up time, though sometimes that happens (Tales of Vesperia, Skyrim, etc). With the over saturation of modern war/post apocalyptic/RPG FPS games out there, I'm really looking forward to this; it's a nice break from "samey" stuff, over and over again.

I expect this game to get flak for the QTEs, though. People tend to hate them based on their existence alone. After all, Resident Evil 4 was filled to the fucking brim with pointless and anti-climactic QTEs, but it's the only game people tend to call it a masterpiece despite a quarter of the game revolving around mashing a button and pressing another at predefined time so you could avoid hearing Leon's death orgasm. I don't mind QTEs if I get a decent show.

Yeah, I'll be getting this.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote