Thread: General F.A.Qs
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #25
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCKGLOCK View Post
Nice FAQ, lots of good info in there.

After reading it I was surprised about not needing a contract to use WP7 and that you could use the wifi connection for buying games and connecting to XBL. So just to clarify, you don't need any data plan or service from your wireless company? I ask because I already have a phone provided to me, so if I could avoid paying for a data plan and just use wifi for my WP7 that would save me some $$$. I know that I wouldn't have any phone/text features and I'd only be able to get on XBL where there was wifi, but the only thing I use the WP7 for is XBL games so losing those features wouldn't really impact me.

Has anyone done this successfully? thanks!
You can literally start a WP7 phone up without a sim card, skip the insert sim prompt by pushing the back button, put in your Windows Live ID (same as Xbox Live ID) and connect to the internet via Wifi and your good to go. Handheld game console.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote