View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #43
Tyba11s

Tyba11s's Gamercard
Just got 1000gs and felt obligated to share a bit of what I learned about the trickier achievements.

There's no fast way around Soul Fulfilled (yet). The two best methods currently are easy arcade runs and E ranked matches in Quick Battle. Some people use turbo controllers with fast single button combo fighters to afk their way to 99, but I just manually did it with my main (Astaroth). If you know your main's moves by heart you can watch TV and do this at the same time with minimal effort.

Most of the "perform X move, Y amount of times" achievements will happen on your way to getting the more time-consuming stuff. For Like a Flowing Stream, performing Just Guards will almost never happen on accident (I had zero until I went out of my way to get them). The easiest way without friends to get a Just Guard is to go into Quick Battle and find a mid to high D ranked match and tap the guard button as fast as possible when they attack. Takes only five minutes, depending on how lucky you are.

It seems lots of people here have found different methods for Momentary Pleasure. I personally used Nightmare's A+B attack (mapped to RB by default) against a D or C rank quick battle. Nightmare's Crit Edge attack also counts as an impact.

Wind of Battle is a huge pain in the ass. By the time I got all the other achievements I had 8000m registered, so you won't get it naturally. I believe the best way is to get a pal and set up a player match with max time and rounds. Voldo is the quickest fighter, so both of you pick him and have one player go up and one go down. Rubber-band your analog and alternate wins so you can maximize your time in player matches. If you don't like bothering friends with stupid achievements like this one, you can instead get into an E rank quick battle on a stage with no edges and just rubber-band your stick to go backwards. You'll have to manually select rematches for both of these methods so it's not completely automated, but you can easily monitor it while doing other things like watching TV. I personally did the single player method over the course of a few days so I can't tell you exactly how long it took, but people are saying to expect anywhere from eight to 12 hours for this.

Last edited by Tyba11s; 02-10-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Tyba11s is offline   Reply With Quote