View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #1
Actiionz

Admired's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievement guide

This guide is currently done, but i'm still looking for revisions.

Overview

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10 (Gold Medals could be challenging on some levels)
- Offline: 40 (1000G)
- Online: 0
- Approximate time: 3-5 Hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1-2 (Explained below)
- Missable achievements: None (Chapter Select)
- Glitched Achievements: None
- Does difficulty affect achievements? N/A
- Extra equipment needed? Kinect sensor

Introduction

Everybody's favorite Master Cat from the Shrek series finally has his own spin off movie, and along with any great movie comes a game adaptation. How fun are those right? Well, this is a pretty great game for younger children. With the power of Kinect, you will be able to do such things as sword play, sneaking, posing, and more. The problem with it as with most Kinect titles, it’s really short and lacks diversity. Then again, this game is targeted for younger audiences, so it will probably be fine. There are only 9 chapters in story mode and each average about 15 minutes a piece. There's also challenges to play. You can go at them alone, or compete for the high score against a friend. I highly recommend this game if your looking for an easy 1000

Walkthrough

Story Mode
During your first play through, try to earn a gold medal on each level before you advance. If you only rack up enough score for a bronze or silver medal, just replay the chapter again. You should have gained enough experience to achieve gold by then. I would say 2-3 more attempts should do it. There will also be collectibles scattered throughout the game and its up to you to find them all. There are 21 secret traps, 9 golden eggs, and 9 wanted posters in total. Upon earning gold in all levels, you will have earned about 750. Once that's done, you should have unlocked every achievement except...
  • Purrfecto
  • Such Moves, Such Handsomeness
  • Always Land on my Feet
  • Feisty FelineViva Gat
  • Real Cats wear boots
  • The Cat's Whiskers
  • These Eyes tell no lies

Clean Up
Once story mode has been completed and all medals are gold, you will have about 85-90% completion. If you haven't already, it's now time to find the rest of those golden eggs, wanted posters, and secret traps you've missed during your first play through. You will be able to use chapter select and head straight to the level you were missing collectibles on. The golden eggs and the status of your medal will be shown to you at the chapter selection screen. All wanted posters you currently have can be found in the extras menu. There's no way of telling which traps you have already found, so you will need to keep a mental note. See "These Eyes Tell No Lies" for more info.

Challenge Mode (Mini games)

Challenge mode should be completed after beating story mode. This way you will have enough skill to complete them. There are 4 mini games in total. You must beat the default high score in each mini game to earn the achievement.

Barrel Barrage - 5,000 points
Bandit Boot - 1,000 points
Market Mayhem - 30,000 points
Shape it up - 30,000 points

Make sure to complete and win a best of 3 series in multiplayer as well. That will net you another achievement.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this is a great kids game and is very simple to pick up and play. I highly suggest this if your an achievement hunter and you own a Kinect sensor. Hopefully this guide will help anyone in need. Happy Achievement hunting!

Last edited by Actiionz; 10-25-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Guide Revisions
Actiionz is offline   Reply With Quote