Old 05-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #19
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Oh God Mechassault? No. Mechwarrior? More please.

I only played AC4 and that one didn't have stacking weapons like Chromehounds. Compared to AC4, the gameplay is very similar. Changes to ACs include: Switching on the fly hangar weapons without purging, heavy weapons require no movement and enter a special stance, no more flight ACs, shoulder weapons are single only (makes controls easier), much longer story missions similar to CH but longer, Order missions are much like AC4 missions and data packs.

AC designing is very similar to AC4, you have two hands, two hangars, and a shoulder weapon/equipment. You no longer need to balance weight on the AC and the 'point' system (FRS) for customizing ACs is also gone. One significant change to AC5 is a callback to CH with KE (Kinetic), CE (Chemical/HEAT), and TE (Thermal/energy) damage and armor. Being weak in one of the 3 makes the corresponding weapon effective against you. All the energy weapons got rolled in to TE damage so I imagine online will have all 3 unlike CH where everyone ran CE.

Definately don't pay full price for this. You can check youtube on what it looks like. It is a heavy wrencher game where you are going to spend hours tweaking your AC. Still no retry or restart from the mission score screen. They make the missions so hard but make you go through all the screens to make another run.
I liked Mechassault for the pacing. Faster mechs and a wide variety of mech types. The arcadey feel I didn't much care for though. Lack of customization and poorly-done story was what hurt the series I think. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed it and feel it had the potential to pull itself out of the hole it dug with the right developers.

I'll definitely have to check this out though. I don't really want to spend hours tweaking my mech in every little way like I have to do cars in Gran Turismo and Forza, but I would think this wouldn't be that complicated anyway.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote