View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I just ran through the two DLC's for this after not playing it for a couple months and I can say I agree with both of you a bit.

Pros
-The combat is constantly fun especially being able to change classes at anytime with a Fateweaver.
-The menu system is damn near perfect, other RPG's should take note.
-The length. No shortage of quests to do here.

Cons
-The story. I didn't care about anything anybody was saying the entire time I played this, DLC included. All dialogue skipped by mashing the "X" button. I seriously didn't find a single character interesting.
-Fetch quest hell. There might be hundreds of quests in the game but there are about three variations of the type of quests you get. I can acutally only think of two, "go kill it" or "go get it."
-Some finicky achievements (Green Thumb, Exterminator, Murder Most Fowl) again based on fetch questing and grinding.

I played The Legend of Dead Kel late last night, trying to finish the quest to fully restore Gravehal Keep and I really started to think it would never end.

Go find 15 of "this item."
Exit the area of the quest-giver.
Load.
Fast travel.
Load.
Gather the 15 items.
Save.
Fast travel.
Load.
Enter the area of the quest-giver.
Load.
Here's 15 of "that item."
Quest Giver: "Oh good. Come back later, I'll need some time."
Me: "You and me both."
Exit the area of the quest-giver.
Load.
Fast travel to my house.
Load.
Enter my house to get to my bed to wait 48 hours.
Load.
Goto the bed.
Wait.
Load.
Save.
Exit the house.
Load.
Fast travel back to the fetch quest giver.
Load.
Quest complete.
New Quest: Go find 15 of "this item."

I literally spent more time waiting around in this fictional world than I did playing in it.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 05-08-2012 at 08:25 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote