View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - The Pants Party
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
POWER Style Victory - 30
[B]Clear the game using Power Style.

(XBOX360 MODE)

To obtain these achievements you must complete the game with the respective ship style. The achievement description does not mention that you need to complete any second loop (open or hidden) with the style but you have to do that in order for the achievement to unlock. Once all conditions for the Open loop are met on the first loop you'll enter the open second loop where you can continue freely. Upon completing stage 5 for a second time you will unlock "KABOOM!!!!" and after kill the hidden boss and you'll obtain the respective style type achievement during the credits.

Power style has no bomb stock and therefore is the hardest style to complete. I suggest learning enemy placements and bullet patterns which will make it much easier.
Also remember you can obtain a 1-UP in Stage 3 and 1-UP's for achieving 1 Billion and 10 Billion points.

Entering the OPEN loop is easier so aim for that.

STRONG Style Victory -30
Clear the game using Strong Style.

See "POWER style victory" for more details.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race - 25
Entered the secret route after Stage 3.

(XBOX360 MODE)

To enter the secret route on stage 3, you must not enter the secret route on stage 1 and collect all BEES on stage 1 and 2. If all requirements are met, you'll enter the secret route just before the mid-boss of stage 3.

Quitting my Bomb Addiction - 50
Clear the game without picking up a Bomb Item.

(XBOX360 MODE)
*Continues NOT allowed*

Complete the game without picking up any BOMBS. When it says complete the game it means that you have to complete either of the 2nd loops (open or hidden). Fulfill the requirements for the OPEN second loop as it is easier to enter and do not pick up bombs in either loops. The achievement unlocks during the credits after the second loop. Once you enter the second loop remember you can continue freely. Also remember there are additional 1-UP's on stage 3 and at 1 billion and 10 billion points.

I suggest using the TYPE-C ship and Strong-style for this achievement.

The One that Got Away... - 10

(ARRANGE A only)

When you fill your Hyper gauge, a HYPER item will float down from the top of the screen. Simply do not collect it and after 20 seconds; it will drift off-screen and the achievement will unlock.

Humanity's Triumph - 50
Destroyed ]-[|/34<#!.

(ARRANGE A only)
*Continues NOT allowed*

I would like to thank deexor for the video and walkthrough below, this is him playing and NOT me.

Hibachi only appears by entering the hidden loop. To enter the hidden loop, you must:

• Clear all stages without continuing,
  • Collect all 45 bees,
  • Die at most once
  • Bomb at most twice
Hibachi will then appear after the first EX stage boss, Golden Disaster.

Once you're in the second loop, dying / bombing / continues are allowed.

Practice is the key to getting this. Especially stage 5, as its bosses and spinning laser rings can give you a hard time if you're unprepared.

My replay is on the European version leaderboards, if you want to see an example; the video below is my run on the Japanese version of the game. I messed up a little on the stage 5 boss, but succeeded in the end.

What you might want to pick up for this "survival style" is continuous hypering on later stages: keeping laser and autofire buttons down, use hyper-normal-laser almost all the time to get the hyper meter back up - this is always a priority. When cornered by bullets, tap switch twice to cancel the bullets. Use hyper-boost-laser and hyper-boost-shot only in specific areas.

It's a little cheap, and ignores proper scoring, but gets the job done...

Too Close for Comfort - 10
While using Bomb Custom style, bombed when a bullet was 1 pixel away. (Free Bombs not counted)

(ARRANGE B only)

Simply select bomb style and bomb () when a bullet is next to you. Choose a stage with lots of bullets such as stage 3, and when you see bullets about to hit you, bomb. If it was 1 pixel away, you'll unlock the achievement. This achievement is about trial and error. If you fail your first 2 bombs; then simply quit to menu and re-select the level.

Lonnnnnng Range - 15
Stayed at bottom of the screen using Laser Custom. (Bottom 1/3 of the screen for 70% of a stage)

(ARRANGE B only)

Simply select the laser custom and stay at the bottom of the screen lasering the enemies. The achievement will unlock after you complete the level.

Descent to Hell - 20
Picked up a bee item while it was flashing on a stage with an average enemy rank of more than 50.

See "Iron plate love" for more details.

Last edited by Jakez123; 06-04-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Jakez123 is online now   Reply With Quote