View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
Jakez123
Subscribing Member

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Black Label DLC

Credit
: Before I start, I would like to thank Helg0r for all of the information provided. If it wasn't for him I would not have been able to construct this guide. If this guide has helped you please go over to his page and thank him.

Overview:
Estimated achievement difficulty: 10/10
(Note: harder than the original game).
Offline: 10/10 (250)
Online: 0/10 (0)
Approximate amount of time to 250:
10+ hours (Heavily skill dependent)
Minimum number of playthroughs needed:
6+
Number of missable achievements:
None
Do cheat codes disable achievements?:
No Cheats
Does difficulty affect achievements?:
Yes
Glitchy achievements:
None
Unobtainable achievements:
None
Extra equipment needed?:
None

Note: Keep in mind that I'm assuming you know the basic information about Dodonpachi Resurrection. Therefore, I won't go over information I've already covered in the original game. If any key words crop up which you don't understand it's best if you look at the original guide. I will refer you to the achievements which contain the specified information in the guide below just in case.

Introduction:
Dodonpachi Resurrection Black Label is a DLC expansion for Dodonpachi Resurrection. When playing this DLC, achievements from the original game cannot be unlocked. The Dodonpachi Ressurection Black Label DLC adds many features to the game. It adds Black Label mode and Black Label (Novice) mode. New features include the "Red gauge" which will be a key component when coming to unlock a vast majority of the Black Label achievements. Another new component is the ability to stock Hyper/bombs.

Breakdown:
You as the player will be playing Black Label mode to earn all of the achievements. The stages and bosses (with one exception: [z3[)]-[|/34<#!.) are the same. It will take you 6 or more playthroughs to earn all achievements.

During playthrough one you will earn 1 achievement:

• What a Waste

Playthrough 2 will involve you earning a bulk of the achievements and allow you to get to grips with the new gameplay mechanics:

• In the RED
  • Select Strong Style.
  • Hyper Cancelling
  • RED GAUGE MAX

Playthrough 3, 4 and 5 will involve you beating Hibachi with the respective ship types:

• Bombing ]-[|/34<#
  • Overpowering ]-[|/34<#
  • Stronger than ]-[|/34<#

Your last playthrough will involve you getting the hardest achievement in the Black Label DLC (and in the whole game):

• [z3[)]-[|/34<#!

Conclusion: The Black Label DLC will offer you a challenge of a lifetime. If you loved the original version, then you'll absolutely love the Black Label DLC. A bulk of the achievements can be earned easily and the other few are hard to obtain, thus this DLC does have a great balance of achievements difficulty wise. With tons of new features and good achievements, I do recommend this DLC to any bullet-hell fans out there that wish to experience a thrilling challenge or just want to have some fun.

Last edited by Jakez123; 02-05-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Jakez123 is online now   Reply With Quote