View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
zhoban

zhoban's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Sieg View Post
"Does this game get good?" Bluntly (but honestly) not really. I'm a big fan of Silent Hill, and games of a similar type but when it came to Downpour I was just wanting to be done with it by the radio station. Some of it is great, I love the outside area and the heavy rain but it hardly evens out the negatives. Every area I went to I couldn't wait to leave. The combat is so bad, the frame rate problems although it only happened occasionally were irritating. There had been the odd glitch, I experienced the door one also. I just finished my hard playthrough going through as quickly as I can, my end playtime was 2 hours 46 mins. Just one more playthrough to get my full gamescore but when I do think of Silent Hill, Downpour certainly won't come into my thoughts. Thankfully I bought the HD collection also so that will win me back over after this game gets shelved.
Even though I knew I was about five minutes from the end, I was at that final Otherworld sequence, I took that game back. The game was an absolute abysmal failure in every area, I couldn't find an ounce of fun or good in the game. The combat was button mashing, it was Silent Hill: Homecoming but somehow worse which I didn't think that was possible.

At first, I was glad they were putting in references to the old games but then it became a constant reference to Silent Hill: Homecoming and I just kept getting more and more agitated because they were boasting how much like old Silent Hill it was going to be. However, the only thing I noticed resembling the old Silent Hill games were the references.

I wouldn't recommend that game, Silent Hill 2 is my favorite game and I just felt disappointed when they released that HD Collection. I would recommend looking up a video on why that HD Collection is bad.

"I was weak, that's why I needed you. I needed someone to punish me for my sins. But that's all over now, I know the truth. Now it's time to end this." - James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)

zhoban is offline   Reply With Quote