09-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bolton, UK
Originally Posted by MeonOner
TIPS: (These are listed in order they appear in the Social Hub)
• Overall: You will unlock this through natural progression.
• Fluid Striker: Load up 'Mrs Chu's Revenge'. After chasing Ratface, you will come to an area where some enemies have firearms and are behind cover. Get into cover by pressing LB and then press A to vault over and disarm and kill the enemy. Reload check point until you award pops.
• Head Hunter: Once you have your hands on a pistol or some sort of firearm. Start to aim for the heads. Recommend doing this as early as possible as some enemies towards the end of the game machine guns and will kill you quickly.
• Lucky Shooter: While having a firearm in your hands, take cover by tapping LB. Then start to shoot over cover and luckily hitting and killing near by enemies.
• Fire Starter: You can grind this out on 'Funeral' mission. Once you pick up the grenade launcher, start to kill the surrounding enemies. And the enemies in the parking lot.
• Sniper: This shouldn't be to hard. While you are in shooting driving sequences, everything will go into slow-mo giving you an advantage towards your accuracy. OR you can get this by hardly missing any enemy while you have a firearm in some missions.
• Gunman: You will get plenty of chances to use a firearm during the game. This will come with natural progression.
• Ninja: If you have already learned the Leg Breaker move then this will be easy. Since doing the Leg Breaker leaves enemies dazed. See Bonebreaker for more info.. But pretty much daze an enemy and quickly walk behind them, double tap B and Wei will finish the enemy with a sneak attack.
• Bonebreaker: You will need to learn the Leg Breaker move form the Kung Fu Temple, by return a number of jade statue. Once youve learned the Leg Breaker, grab an enemy with B, tap X once and then hold X. Rinse and repeat.
• Environmentalist: Fairly easy. Environmental objects glow in red once you have grappled an enemy. Try using as many of those objects in the areas you can, and this will come easily.
• Handyman: An easy melee weapon to find is the Tire Iron, found in the trunks of cars. Or melee weapons you pick up from enemies. Suggest always having a melee weapon when you go and do the Drug Bust missions, or when you are about to fight the enemies in red that surround the lockboxs.
• Disarming: Same as Fluid Striker. Load up mission 'Mrs Chu's Revenge'. After chasing Ratface, you will come to an area where some enemies have firearms and are behind cover. Get into cover by pressing LB and then press A to vault over and disarm and kill the enemy. Reload check point until you award pops.
• Defence: Another natural progression. You will come to plenty of fights in the game. To counter press Y when the enemy starts to glow in red.
• Fast Talker: This will come through natural progression. But if you want to grind it out. You can replay the mission where you take Winstons girlfriend to get her wedding stuff. Later in that same mission you will go to the Monks Temple. There you will come across 3 fast talk sequence.
(If anyone remembers what the mission is called, please let me know.)
• Deadeye: This is actually the funny to do. An easy weapon to find is the Tire Iron, located in the trunks of cars. Enemies also drop weapons. This is usually a one-hit-kill on the small enemies. Just tap the RT button and Wei will launch the weapon straight at the enemy.
• Martial Artist: Killing enemies with melee is pretty much the number one way of killing. You will come to a lot of fights during your playthough, so this will come naturally.
• Enforcer: Will come with natural progression. Unlike the Public Enemy stat. This one does not have to be in one sitting. Just kill all enemies you come across. You will have this by the time you finish the game.
• Safe Driver: Get into a slow car and drive on the highway. Just take your time and try not to hit anything or slow down to much as your timer will stop. A good trick that works is to slightly tap the RT button over and over.
• Reckless Driver: Recommended to buy an A class vehicle early as possible. And drive that vehicle the whole game. To find an A class vehicle store, go to the one in Kennedytown.
If not you can also steal some A class vehicles from people in the streets.
• Hijacker: To highjack a car you will need to hold A and get behind another moving vehicle. There will be a white arrow, once it turns green press A again to jump to the other vehicle. Do this 10 times on any random vehicle. The highway works best for this.
• Wrecker: To rack up 50 cars wrecked. Replay the 'Funeral' mission. Move through the mission as normal. After picking up the grenade launcher, save your ammo, you will end up in a parking lot. Start to blow up all the cars you can. Remember leave an enemy or two alive. That way you can die and restart from checkpoint.
• Racer: There are 18 races in total. 2 out of the 18 unlock when you take Sandra out on a date. And some races require you to have either a A, B or C class vehicle to compete in.
• Mogul: This will come naturally. Later in the game you will able able to do jobs for a guy named Tran. Tran will ask you to boost car and return them to his garage. If you do not damage the car you will earn full value for the car. The values are displayed on the left side of your screen. Doing Trans jobs will net you around $4, 000, 000.
• Big Spender: Don't worry much about this one. You will probably spend more that the request amount once you start to buy all your vehicles and all clothing items.
• Gambler: Alright go to the Cockfight in Kennedytown. Save your game before talking to the man at the gate. Bet the highest amount $100, 000 on whatever rooster you picked. (For me I always picked the rooster with the least wins.) If you win the bet, back out and save, and bet again. If you lose, DON'T save, just load up your previous save and go back to the Kennedytown Cockfight. Do this 10 more times.
• Completionist: Will come with natural progression. You will need to reach 100% completion in the game. Includes all missions, cases, favors, events, jobs and races.
• Explorer: You only need 175 out of 187 collectibles for this. After dating Amanda, Tiffany, Not Peng and King. They will award you by showing you all locations of the many kinds of collectibles.
• Survivor: You will need to be on Heat 2. To get Heat 2 quickly, just run over a cop. Then stay really near the cop car that is chasing you.
Nice guide I'll be using these once I've fnished mopping up collectibles but you're missing 'Rogue Cop' and 'Public enemy'?
Crew: Green 5treet 3lite
Everyone welcome to join, friendly crew that just want to make some money!