Thread: Final Doom
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #16
bLaKgRaVy
Guide Team

Send a message via Skype™ to bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Green Thumb - Silver   Micro Guide - Gold   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkforce412 View Post
ah yes doom 64 was my first doom game and my first fps game iv played when i was like 8. Yeah i thought doom 64 was the scariest doom game iv ever played, and if its a doom collection, then why the hell arent their every doom game in it? Its not a collection if u cant complete it.
It's because the BFG Edition is a collection of all the Doom games that id software developed themselves, no one else.

Since Doom II: No Rest for the Living (created by Nerve Software) was already released on XBLA, it makes sense to release it in this edition (since achievements are tied to this extra mission pack). The Lost Mission was developed by id software for Doom 3 but was scrapped. Final Doom, Master Levels and Doom 64 were all created by third party developers.

While Final Doom was distributed as an official id product (and still is on their website), it was not created by them (Casali Brothers and TeamTNT did it).

Master Levels for Doom II was created by various WAD designers and "supervised" by id. Regardless if it was included in the Xbox version of Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, it is still not an officially-created id software product.

Doom 64 was developed by Midway Games (and we all know what happened to them). This will probably never be re-released. If you don't own an N64, it can always be emulated on the PC.

So no matter how much we want these games or think that they should be included in this edition, they're not, and we're gonna have to live with that. While it would be cool to play Final Doom on an HD TV instead of a computer monitor, I still have my PC copy (as I'm sure many of you do) and I'm more than happy enough to play it on my PC. It's Final Doom, regardless of the platform. I don't know why everyone is so up in arms that it comes out on consoles. It's the same game. Did everyone forget how to play with a keyboard and mouse?
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote