Thread: Final Doom
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #17
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
EDIT: Just downloaded and installed Doom 64 Absolution on my PC and it works nicely, oddly enough it only will run directly out of C Drive, any other directory causes a crash. :S

Check it out if you want, all you need is the DOOM 2 IWAD.

http://www.doom2.net/~doomdepot/abs-download.html

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
So no matter how much we want these games or think that they should be included in this edition, they're not, and we're gonna have to live with that. While it would be cool to play Final Doom on an HD TV instead of a computer monitor, I still have my PC copy (as I'm sure many of you do) and I'm more than happy enough to play it on my PC. It's Final Doom, regardless of the platform. I don't know why everyone is so up in arms that it comes out on consoles. It's the same game. Did everyone forget how to play with a keyboard and mouse?
Same here, I still have my IWADs of all the Dooms except the Master Levels because I have no idea how to get them. Still play Doom on PC from time to time using ZDoom.

For it not coming out on consoles though, it would be nice to play them with achievements and all. Same thing with Doom 3, it's going to be sweet to get achievements on it now and re-live it in HD.

Last edited by Nevander; 09-30-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote