View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Can't Finish "Secure Dawn" (DLC Mission)

At the end of Secure Dawn, the first DLC mission, after going through the swamp you reach a watch tower. After sniping the guard in the watch tower, you're supposed to eliminate the other enemies in the area in order to proceed on and rescue the president.

I tried numerous different methods to get through this area and was always spotted. Eventually I looked up a video, on Elite difficulty, to see how you're expected to get pass through here. I've tried taking out the enemies the same way shown in the video and every single time I'm somehow detected when killing the last enemy. It makes no sense.

Anyway, usually when you're detected you can fight your way out of the situation, but that also doesn't seem possible here. The detection spawns about 10 more infantry soldiers, as well as a humvee packed with more soldiers. My teammates get shot down instantly and being in the middle of an empty field I have no cover except for the watch tower, which the humvee quickly rips apart, or kills me through.

Still, I don't know why the game will not allow me to pass this section stealthly. I attempted it well over 20 times before restarting the mission in hopes that that would fix it. When I got to that area on my restart, my NVG became glitched and would just blackout my whole screen when activated. I tried restarting the game and couldn't fix that issue, which led me to another restart.

Currently stuck with the same problem I started with where the game detects me after killing the last enemy. This mission seems completely broken and I'm sick of wasting my time.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote