View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
I can't help but wonder why the hell nobody is willing to take the plunge and produce a Halo movie. Between Landfall, Forward Unto Dawn, and all of the other live-action shorts, it's all too apparent that the production value and focus on quality is through the roof. I don't think they would let a Halo movie hit theatres that was anything short of perfection.
I think part of it has to do with story, and part of it has to do with Hollywood history. The VAST majority of video game based movies have sucked, and been critically slammed. So right off the bat that would probably make any number of studios leery of making another one. Now, Halo's a big enough name that it would probably draw good numbers no matter what, but then they start thinking franchise which is where story comes in. They would have to nail it for a first movie. If the story is crap they don't do as good repeat business. And I don't think perfectly recreating one of the games would be a good idea for a movie, cause we've seen it, done it, and read it already. I'm sure it'll happen eventually, especially if FUD is received well and does decent sales when it's released to home video. They'll just have to find the right script, which sometimes takes awhile.