Adera: Episode One
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
-Estimated time for 200
: 1.5 - 3 hours
-Minimum playthroughs: 1
(+reload final checkpoint for 2 minutes)
-Missable Achievements: 4
(See guide for more info)
-Unobtainable Achievements: 0
-Does difficulty affect achievements: No
-Cheats disable achievements: No cheats
-Glitched achievements: 0
-Extra equipment needed: Windows 8 PC or Tablet
Adera is a 3D point-and-click puzzle adventure game that follows Jane Sinclaire as she journeys to the mysterious city of Adera in search of her missing grandfather. Throughout the game, you will have to solve puzzles, collect artifacts, and explore the environments to reveal the mysteries of Adera. The game boasts vibrant, crisp visuals, but a rather weak, though sufficient storyline. Currently Episode One of the game is FREE in the Windows 8 Store.
Step 1: All collectibles and no skips or hints
Play through the game on the easiest difficulty Tourist, focusing on being very thorough and gathering all the collectibles that you can. Also, DO NOT to use any hints or skip any puzzles. If you are stuck, see the story-related achievements below for a brief walkthrough on finding items to progress through the story. Take note of the miscellaneous achievements as you can do most of those as well.
Step 2: 5 hints achievement and Mop-up
After beating the game, continue from the last checkpoint (just before the end cutscene). Use 5 hints in a row to get the "Gimme a Hint" achievement. Find the remaining collectibles using THIS
guide and mop-up any of the miscellaneous achievements you may have remaining. There should be very few, if any.
Episode One can be completed in under 3 hours as long as you are careful of the missable achievements related to not using the hint/skip features in the game and those tied to the Hidden Object scenes. While the collectibles are often well hidden, you will likely find most of them with little trouble by yourself. For those that you miss, they can easily be tracked down in a few minutes using the collectible guide
STORY RELATED ACHIEVEMENTS (7 for 85
The following 7 achievements are obtained just by progressing through the storyline and cannot be missed.
POSSIBLE SPOILERS IN THIS SECTION - CONTAINS SOLUTIONS IF YOU ARE STUCK SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE HINTS!
For a full video playthrough of the game, which may be used to help with the puzzles if you are stuck, click HERE (Credit: Hentei009 for creating).
Dear Diary - 5
Use the journal
Just pick up the journal that is laying in the sand right in the front of the helicopter. It is hard to miss.
Life Saver - 10
Revive Hawk with water and a medkit.
When you find Hawk he will be in pain and ask for a medkit. First you must get the key to the large green chest by the helicopter. It is partially buried in the sand under your journal. Unlock the chest. Then put the peroxide, bandages, and tape into the medkit to assemble it. Then give it to Hawk. He will then ask for water. Look inside the helicopter for the canteen (Hidden Object scene). Then backtrack to the canyon where you start to the small pond to fill the canteen. Return to Hawk and give it to him.
Orb Heirloom - 10
Obtain the Vision Stone from the locked box in James's office.
After giving Hawk the canteen, the game will flash back to Scotland. Solve the locked box puzzle (the 2nd puzzle in the flashback) to receive the Vision Stone and unlock this achievement.
Canyon Pass - 10
Find the three animal tokens and unlock the canyon gate.
The canyon gate is the one right next to the starting point of the game.
1) Spiral - Right next to the pond, guarded by a scorpion. You need to use the crowbar to remove the rocks and then a flashlight to see what is inside (found in area at base of pole with ice on it). Finally you need the red glove from the hood of the helicopter to actually be able to pick up the token. To get the it from the hood of the helicopter, you need to help Hawk move it with a log you get from the far side of the rift where you start. Get across that rift with the ladder (found in the Hidden Object scene in the helicopter) wrapped with the green material laying out by the pole with ice near the helicopter.
2) Bird - Use the knife (found outside helicopter) on the amber globe that is on the far side of the rift mentioned in the Spiral token above.
3) Squirrel - The puzzle for this token is located in the box across the rift mentioned above. You need to collect three weights to start the puzzle. One is near the base of the icy pole, the second above and to the left of the pond in a crack in the canyon wall, and the third is in the aloe plant next to the scorpion hole.
Once you have all three tokens, insert them into the door.
Ritual Chamber - 15
Enter then hidden valley of Adera through a secret chamber.
After opening the canyon gate, there are a few puzzles that need to be solved to enter the Adera Valley.
Raise the steps to cliff side door:
For this you need to collect 3 metal slats and then use them to complete the simple puzzle.
1) By the pond at the start
2) Base of the third obelisk (to the right of the one you use to laser the cliff side)
3) In the zoom-in just left of the cliff side door
Cliff side door:
Collect two pieces of marble disk. Then insert them into the cliff side door and click the handle.
1) After opening the canyon gate, take the right path and check the broken ship hull on the left.
2) In the same area as 1. You need to get the crane working to pull a buried crate out of the ground. First get the crank from the Hidden Object scene in the same area. Attach it to the crane. Then back and take the left path. A hook for the crane is located at the base of the obelisk to the right of the one you laser the mountainside with. Take the hook back to the crane and attach it to raise the crate for this piece.
Secret chamber door:
Once in the secret chamber, first look at your feet and solve the puzzle to activate the four blue buttons around you. Then you need to find the 6 missing glowing blue shards. Once you collect them all, insert them in the correct buttons. Then click the door and solve the puzzle to open it.
1) Look to your right. Click on the pots under some metal cogs. Inside these pots.
2) Same as 1.
3) Click on big hole in the wall between to two blue buttons.
4) Still looking right, click on the pots to the right. Shard is inside those pots.
5) In the same location as 4, there is a hammer to pick up. Use it to smash the rightmost fiery enclosure behind you to reveal the shard.
6) Now looking left, it is inside the big pot near the left button.