View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #17
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin 856 View Post
Rage to me was simply a watered down Doom/Fallout Hybrid. It had very shallow gameplay and the multiplayer races where gimmicky (no online rFPS deathmatch in an id game?). As far as the graphics go, I noticed a substantial amount of texture rendering when getting closer to an object. Most of the game felt like a last ditch effort to get sales of some sort. But hey, that's just my opinion.
RAGE was just a testing ground for ID's next big thing - Doom 4. Only thing worth giving praise in Rage was the graphics and the overall game's engine performance. To see these kinds of graphics on a console AND on a solid 60fps framerate (Activision eat your heart out) was truly something unique, that you wouldn't expect on a console with an out-dated hardware. This only proves that Carmack is a genius.

Can't wait to play Doom 4, though it will probably take some time. Maybe on the next gen of consoles in the 14's or maybe even 15's. Since iD software is a very small developer group, and they're very meticulous when it comes to game development.