View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
Kahn13

TwistOfFate619's Gamercard
ToeJam And Earl 2 - Panic on Funkatron

Peace Returns To Our Home - 50 [TJ&E2] Clear the game.

In this game the goal is to capture and collect all earthlings in each level by throwing jars at them and taking them to the end of level spaceship. There are 17 levels in all.

Note: Apparently both Trixie's Rendezvous AND the Permanent Super Jars bonus will prevent this achievement from unlocking as they're considered cheats.

Inner Child - 30
[TJ&E2] Cleared "Lil' Kid Mode".

Select this in the main menu. Unlike the normal playthrough of the game there are only 5 levels and you cannot die. This can be completed quicker using the warp zone related to the "I'll Just Go On Ahead" achievement which can take you from Level 1 straight to Level 5!

Take Back The Skies - 20
[TJ&E2] Defeated a duck on a flying carpet.

Can be a pretty difficult opponent to hit since he will use hit and run tactics and is pretty agile. I recommend defeating him on Level 5 during your Lil Kid mode run, as you'll have to in order to finish the level anyway and you'll be invulnerable also.

I'll Just Go On Ahead - 15
[TJ&E2] Found a Warp Room.

Despite the achievement description stating "a" room, there is only 1 confirmed Warp Room that can be found in Level 1.

When you reach the pool of water, swim to the left and walk past the button and through the wall, pressing the second button you find here. Now return to the very start of the level and use "Funk Vision" (press start and then the appropriate button) to see a secret door.

Enter it to discover the Warp Room. The doors here take you to levels 3, 4 and 5 respectively.

Clean Better, Faster, Easier! - 15
[TJ&E2] Sucked up 4 or more things at once with the Funk Vacuum.

I personally did this on level 2, right at the start where I uncovered all Earthlings in the first area. When you manage to have 4 Earthlings on the screen at once, simply press "start" and select the Funk Vacuum which will immediately suck all enemies up and place them into jars for you to collect.

Another option may be to use the old lady and her poodles as she normally has up to 3 dogs with her.

FeeLiN' KRaZy! - 15
[TJ&E2] Went into Panic Mode.

There's a present containing this in Level 1 (hidden in one of the trees). Once you have one (shown at the bottom of the screen) simply press start and select the panic button.

The Jingle Of Change - 5
[TJ&E2] Used some Coins.

Coins are collected from presents (hidden in trees/bushes). There are usually several of these "parking meter" objects that can be found in a level (sometimes also uncovered from trees/bushes). Simply walk up to one and press up and you'll put a coin in.

You can find one of these right near your first encounter with an earthling on the first level.

Shake, Rattle, and Fall! - 10
[TJ&E2] Shook 5 presents out of a single tree.

Some trees will have multiple presents hidden in them (with 3 or sometimes 5 presents). I personally found one in Level 5.

Sorry, I Just Can't Help Myself! - 10
[TJ&E2] Had a laughing fit.

Simply allow yourself to get hit by the read bag of dust of a Fairy/Witch enemy. There's a few flying about in Level 5.

Treasures Just Out Of Sight - 10
[TJ&E2] Used the Funk Scan.

Press start and select "Funk Scan". You'll need to do this in order to reach the Warp Zone.

Can't Hide From Me!
[TJ&E2] Found an Earthling hidden in a plant.

Some enemies will be hiding in bushes. You can't really miss this since you'll need all earthlings to finish a level anyway. Just follow the radar at the bottom which will warn you if an enemy is hidden nearby.

There's one right near the visible parking meter in the first level (also near your first encounter with an earthling.

A Big Wet Kiss - 5
[TJ&E2] Gave a blowfish an underwater kiss.

Some larger bodies of water in the game will spawn a Blowfish which will replenish your air. Simply allow yourself to sink into the bottom of the screen and then search around. There aren't any in the first level but I personally found several in Level 5.

Credits

Hero-of-Time - For information on reaching the Warp Room in TJ&E2.
Zim - For listing the different food items.
RockMan Respect - Confirming that Co-op disables achievements.
AshiKou - For testing whether or not harmful foods go toward the food related achievement.
Flibbity Floid - Pointing out that achievements aren't fully disabled in Local Co-op.
yamatadragon - Providing reasons and testing why the "Peace Returns To Our Home" achievement is not unlocking.

Last edited by Kahn13; 02-27-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Kahn13 is offline   Reply With Quote