View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Lightning Returns Will Be the Last Final Fantasy XIII

Quote:
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII will be the last game set in the Final Fantasy XIII universe. While the game’s announcement during PAX noted that the game would wrap up the story of Lightning, it wasn’t clear what that meant for the future of other characters. Could there still be a Final Fantasy XIII-4 telling the story of Snow or Noel? In an interview with IGN, Lightning Returns director Motomu Toriyama has now confirmed that this will not be the case, and Lightning Returns will indeed see the end of XIII’s entire story.
“The ‘Lightning Saga’ that began with Final Fantasy XIII -- in other words, the characters and universe that revolve around Lightning -- will come to an end with this installment,” Toriyama told IGN via translator. “I’m sure that Lightning and the people around her will all have a happy ending. Please look forward to the final episode worthy to be called the denouement of the ‘Lightning Saga.’”
Source

I'm not liking the idea of a solo-character gameplay ending the series. After two cliffhanger endings in the series, I'm glad to hear they will get a happy ending though.

Also, and interesting read here with more info for LR:FFXIII

Why Lightning Returns Isn't Called Final Fantasy XIII-3

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote