View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 05:10 AM   #28
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Below is what Maka doesn't want to have to do

CLICK HERE

I wrote it and it took me hours of time. But personally I think it would have been hell to make a video with all of that info.
Haha, no way do I have the attention span to create something like that.

In all seriousness, the entire video walkthrough took me about 20 hours of extra time (non-gameplay), but it's something I don't mind doing as much. When I type for too long or I'm tired, nothing makes much sense where as I've conditioned myself to edit video decently without needing any energy.

Some games are also much better at being portrayed through text. Never played Darksiders, but Hitman seems like a hard game to walkthrough with text, as there is so much waiting, and you are trying to show an exact pattern in enemy movement for the split second where you can make a clean break. I think a trying to follow text through this game would be more frustrating than doing it yourself.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote