View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #2000
Silicon Iceman

Silicon Iceman's Gamercard
Also, I think I have 35 onyx medals, but I am quitting this game right after I re-up my second time for the "Again!" achievement.

Even though I consider myself an achievement whore, I still have standards. The "Seriously" achievements in the Gears franchise is one that I looked long and hard in the face and said: "fuck that." Sometimes you just have to do it. There are way too many awesome games out there for me to be stuck with the most boring of all grind-fests (3,000 kills with the Hammerburst and pistols?!) that sometimes, you just have to say "no." This is where I draw the line.

I played Gears 1 for like over six months and checked my online kills: 2,367. Needed for "Seriously"= 10,000. Me: "fuck that"

Gears 2 came along and now all of your kills counted towards the new "Seriously 2.0" achievement. I got my hopes up, and then I checked my kills after going through the campaign dozens of times and playing online for what seemed like ages. My total kill count was just over 13,000. Needed for Seriously 2.0= 100,000. Me: "fuck that"

Now Gears 3 comes along and I've been playing it pretty regularly for the past 9 months and I am just over halfway to getting 65 onyx medals. I think you know what my answer is going to be if you tell me that I have to spend another 9 months getting the other half of the onyx medals, especially since I’ve already done the fun and/or easy ones.

-M
Silicon Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote