View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #17
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_2 View Post
For the Demonic Exorcism medal, is it essential that you do the purple events on the map with the sword, or can you pick up enought with the campaign missions? I'm trying to do that purple ones with the sword, but the Jiang Shi bouncing around keeping getting in the way, or the Yaoguai itself knocks me down, making me drop the sword, which the vanishes.
Its been a while since Ive played this.. But, the purple events will always have a Peachwood sword and will always spawn a Yaoguai. The purple events will definitely help you in getting 15 Yaoguai kills for Demonic Exorcism. You will also be able to kill a few during the story.

What you would want to do is as soon as you grab the sword and the enemies spawn is drop it without hitting anyone, so it doesn't disappear. Take out the few Jiang Shis, then pick up the sword and start to attack the Yaoguai.
If your sword breaks or vanishes before you kill the Yaoguai, you can always return back to the spot after a couple minutes or after doing a story mission or a side quest or an event. Don't worry if you don't have enough kills to get gold, as you drive around Northport you will notice red dots, which mean its either a Peachwood sword or just a few Jiang Shi enemies.

If you keep having trouble you can always save before doing a purple event in case you fail it. That way you can reload and try again until you beat it.

Last edited by MeonOner; 01-17-2013 at 09:53 PM.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote