View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
demonizer_andy

demonizer andy's Gamercard
your thoughts on single player games with a dash of multiplayer

iv been a fan of tomb raider since its first release, i remember getting it for my sega saturn and playing it to death multiple times, trying to get through without dying, only using certain weapons, then iv had every release since, some good, some terrible, some with potential but too many broken mechanics....

so when this was announced it was a breath of fresh air for me, yes it looked like uncharted but its a new lease of life for the franchise and a new take and iv been so excited............until the multiplayer was announced....

its something that breaks me when it comes to gaming, why they do it or even try it is beyoned me, worse still is the amount of achievements they tie to them forcing you to play it....

if i want multiplayer il play battlefield/gears of war and the likes....

tomb raider always has been a single player game, co-op i do not mind in games, some games il only play if co-op is active, but far too many games are tacking on multiplayer now to try and force sales and milk out add ons on the XBLA, the darkness was my first real experience of this, fantastic game in my eyes but then there was a truly awful multiplayer game tacked on, bioshock was good at the time, then the 2nd came out and wow another tacked on multiplayer game that nobody wanted to play, then assassins creed now tomb raider...

i know you dont have to play if you dont want, but with so many achievements attached to it it makes you feel you have to but 9 times outta 10 you have to do it almost instantly as after a month or so nobody is playing anymore....

so whats your thoughts anyways, as you can probably guess i believe a single player experience should be exactly that and be left alone, and time and money invested into multiplayer aspects could be used to polish the game up and add more features where needed
demonizer_andy is offline   Reply With Quote