View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #26
MoldyClay87

Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
I am taking on the final chapter of the main story now (not buying DLC now, $20 is simply too much; Got the game for $7 from Gamefly around Christmas).

The game's average and nothing special, but I still like it a lot. It's riddled with flaws, so in a technical sense, yes, it's a 'bad game', but I'm still having fun, and that's all that I really care about. Playing on Normal, and by myself, so I imagine it will be more frustrating on Vet/Pro with the AI, and I imagine it is MORE fun with other people, but for my money spent, I am enjoying it.

I grew up with Resident Evil, so I know there are plot holes (and some are glaringly obvious while others less so) and I have issues with how shitty the original characters look (however I think Wolfpack and the zombies/eneies look great, so what the hell happened where characters like Leon and Nicholai got all fat and ugly?), but I dunno. I think I just grew to be more accepting of things as I grew up (I say this as if 25 is 'grown up').

I like it for what it is. It's not at the top of any BEST OF 2012 lists for me, but I still think it's a nice game and I am proud to own it as a Resident Evil fan, if only for the fact I always wanted a HUNK game, and Vector is close enough.

100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote