View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Three Star Challenges

Drop down from x3 multi-ball to x1 and keep scoring
Keep playing until you reach a x3 multi-ball. Once you reach it, simply miss two balls on purpose but make sure you save one and get the return.

Hit 10 yellow x3 multi-balls in one game
This shouldn't prove too hard. As mentioned above, the balls have a set return side once and while when you hit a x3. If you get a x4, make sure you let a single ball pass.

Trigger a x4 multi-ball without losing a ball
With the amount of balls bouncing about on a x3, this should come quite quickly as long as you keep your concentration and don't lose one ball. If you miss a ball, you'll have to restart the game.

Hit a total of 50 x3 multi-balls - Cumulative.
Again, this is over the course of all the games you play. So keep getting to a x3 multi-ball and return as many as you can.

Play a single game for over 80 seconds
1 minute 20 seconds can feel like forever. I'd suggest you try and keep to a x2/x3 multi-ball. Lose a ball or more if needed to help slow the pace of the game down. Remember to no hit a any balls as well, just let them bounce off the racket. As soon as you hit the required target time, the challenge will unlock.

Hit alternate fast and slow balls for 4 hits
This one can be a little tricky. Sometime the up/down motion swings does not always register. You can get this on the very first ball but for me it wasn't unlocking. I didn't know if I had to do it with two balls, different arms etc as it just didn't work.

I then did it on alternating from fast to slow with one red and yellow ball and it unlocked. Now I don't know if this was luck and it just wasn't registering with the single red ball or not. My guess is, the swings weren't connecting. So do this on the very first ball.

Hit 15 red x3 balls in one game
You shouldn't have any issues with this. As long as you hit all red balls presented to you at the start of the game, you'll get this by about the x3 multi-ball.

Return 50 yellow balls in one game
You'll need to be on around x3/x4 multi-ball to have a chance at reaching this limit in one game. Doing so, you'll have more chance of yellow balls being on the court at one time. Going any lower on the multi-ball chain will just make things hard and slower as the score increases.

Hit 10 fast balls in one game
You can get 4 from the first ball without any issues. Once you get the x2, you can get the remaining 6. Just remember to do the upwards swing.

Reach a score of 100 without dropping a ball
Hopefully you're good at the game by now... You're going to have to reach a x4 multi-ball for this. There's no way around it, seeing as you're not allowed to miss a ball. Make sure you keep an eye on what's coming back at you and not what's going away after each return. Doing this will make you miss a ball or two.

Play for 60 seconds without dropping a ball
Not as hard as the 80 seconds. Follow the tips I've typed for that challenge and use them for this.

Hit 30 yellow and 30 red balls in one game
Like all the other challenges similar to this, you can either do this the fast way and get to a x4 multi-ball or take it slow by transferring between a x2 and x3 to keep the pace nice a slow.

Keep 4 balls in play for 15 seconds
Hopefully your reactions are good and fast. 15 seconds may be short but trying to keep 4 fast balls on the court is a little tricky. Not much advice I can give, other than what I've mentioned for other similar related challenges.

Reach a score of 200
By this time 200+ should be the scores you reach when playing a good full game. The score will increase a lot faster when you have more balls on the court. So aim for the x3/x4 multi-balls.

Return 2 red, then 2 yellow, then 2 red in order
A bit of luck is needed here. Only advice for completing this one is to let the colour you don't want to hit pass by you. Unless it's the last one of course. Just remember what you need to hit next and keep one arm down by your side so you don't hit the wrong ball by mistake.

Return 20 red fast balls in one game
Really easy for a three star challenge. For every ball, just keep swinging upwards. If things get a little too fast, either let some pass or turn them into slow balls. You should get this quite fast if done as much as possible.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 01-21-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote