View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Two Star Challenges

Checkout 5 different items in one game
You'll come across more than 5 items during one game, so this shouldn't cause you any issues.

In one game score $4000 or more
Hit and checkout as much as you can, if not everything. This way you'll get the time bonuses and have more time to get those high scoring items like the trophies.

Hit only 10 items for a final score of $500
There's a few ways this can be done and all items count. The only one you don't want to do is having to hit a breakable and then straight after hit a normal item as the scores won't add/cancel correctly in time. Here's how I did it (in this order)

9 x Breakable Items (Red Tag): -$500 = Total $0
1 x Trophy: $500 = Total $500

Do this and wait for the game to end to complete the challenge.

Checkout 2 TV Sets and 2 Carrots in one game
More luck based challenges. Like the others, hit and checkout everything that comes your way so you get more time. Hopefully within that the items you need will pop up.

For me, I found these two items to be quite rare, so it may take quite a few games until they all show up.

Avoid Gold Trophies in one game
Really simply. Just play a game but don't hit one trophy.

Reach a score of $6000
Remember to checkout as much as you can to get the time bonuses. These will help you get to the required score. Your best bet is to make sure you get as many of the trophies as possible because at $500 a go, you'll reach the target a lot faster.

Hit all breakables in one game
Don't hit anything else but the breakables. You do not want the time to be extended on this. The main reason is because on multiple occasions I had a wave of 4 breakables close to each other come at me. Which is personally impossible to smash all of them that fast.

You want this game over as soon as it can, so only swing and smash all the red tagged items.

Get a score of $4000 but don't break anything
Not too hard but be care of the trophies inbetween 2 breakables. Hit everything else, but the trophies will get you to the required score a lot faster.

Hit only 15 items and get a final score of $1200

There's a few ways this can be done and all items count. The only one you don't want to do is having to hit a breakable and then straight after hit a normal item as the scores won't add/cancel correctly in time. Here's two ways to do it.

2 x Any Green Tag Item: $100 = Total $200
2 x Trophy: $500 = Total $1200
11 x Ocean Shots: $0 = Total $1200

9 x Any Green Tag Item: $100 = Total $900
2 x Breakable Items (Red Tag): -$500 = Total $0
2 x Any Green Tag Item: $100 = Total $200
2 x Trophy: $500 = Total $1200

Do this and wait for the game to end to complete the challenge.

In one game checkout 3 Game DVDs, 2 Gold Trophies ,and 1 Safe
Hopefully these will come along in one game. Remember to checkout as much as you can to extend the time limit. Nothing more you can do than hope they pop up.

Hit 15 prizes into the ocean in one game
Anything with a green tag is a prize. As mentioned in the roadmap and other challenges, you'll want to swing and hit an item a little early or late. I personally found hitting them a little late works a bit better.

Checkout 10 different items in one game
There's more than 10 green tagged items in the game but this does not mean 10 different ones will come often. I recommend you just hit and checkout everything that comes your way. Don't take note of what you have or haven't. Getting the time bonuses also helps.

Win 6 time bonuses in one game
As mentioned in many other challenges above. You need to get 3 checkouts in a row to get a time bonus. This means you'll need to hit 18 total items, making sure each one is a set of 3 to count to reach 6 time bonuses.

Win a total prize fund of S20000 - Cumulative
Simply keep playing games. This one will take a fair few but if you keep playing and getting as many checkouts as you game in a game, you'll get this in no time.

Achieve a final score of exactly $5500 in one game
Luckily this doesn't have a set amount of items to hit. So it's quite simply to achieve. The main item you're going to want to checkout though is the trophy as it'll net you $500 each time.

If you can hit 11 then do so. But you may run out of time. So mix it up with some $100 items to get those time bonuses. Either way, do your maths and hope for the best.

Kung Fu Rainbow Lazer Force
Starting GSL13 Gamerscore: 211,477

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 01-22-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote