Old 01-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #40
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I had thought at first that it would probably be coming out 2014 Holidays, but I'm almost convinced it's due to come out this year. Halo 2's graphics were good for it's time, no doubt, but they're still dated and an HD Remake would be great. It'd be fun to see the Prophets, Tartarus, Gravemind and everything else HD.

A Halo 3 Remake isn't necessary at all, I only bring up a Trilogy HD Remake because someone made a thread a while back about a rumor behind it.

Halo 2 HD looking better than most 360 games? Maybe...but doubt it. Have you played L.A. Noire? Easily the best graphics on the 360 to date, IMO at least.

Anyways, I hope the do a Halo 2 Anniversary, it's my favorite Campaign in the franchise and it'd be nice to do it all over again.
Whoa Whoa. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I never said it looked better than MOST 360 titles. But it's still better than a handful of the games I've played on the 360. Just listing off the top of my head, Prey, Earth Defense Force, Fallout 3, Dragon Age, Fable 3. That's not including bad games like Onchenbara, Kengo, yadda yadda yadda.

The reason I say H2's graphics are better isn't because of texture or resolution (Like I said, lack of HD is the defacto reason H2 does NOT look better than any of the games I listed) but because Halo 2 actually had an established artistic style. Halo 1, which looked great for it's time, was very flat and didn't really have an artistic style aside from Covenant Ships. So it benefited from having itself graphically overhauled to more closely resemble the Halo series as it is now.

Like I said though, I would love to see Halo 2 completely redone like CEA. I just don't feel it's necessary if that the route they choose to go. Even if they just give us a base HD release I would still buy it (and of course that's talking just Campaign. Everybody knows the multiplayer has a slim to no chance of even ever resurfacing.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote