View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #44
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
? Copy-paste ad nauseum from the highest selling, most played shooter on the market. Something that Halo used to be. The mistake was thinking that by mimicking those gameplay mechanics you would steal their fan base and money.
I'm sure they had no intentions of 'stealing' another games fanbase. Think of it more as attracting a larger crowd. Included in that crowd, those who have never played Halo before.

Quote:
More people play Medal of Honor Warfighter I bet.
LOL! I highly doubt that...that game was god-awful I heard.

Quote:
This is twice that Halo has failed on a main entry. Sure Frank O'Connor can promise me that Halo 5 will be better and I might even buy it to see if he is right but at this point will anyone else? Halo's population will never return to it's full strength ever again.
Again, 'failed' is pretty harsh. Halo 4 sold well, there's no denying that. It's still not that good...but it sold well...which is far from failing.

I do agree with some of your points though. FPS's nowadays are terrible. They're all a copy-and-paste from one another. Creativity is lacking. Innovation is lacking. It's the truth.

Multiplayer-wise, I honestly don't expect Halo 5 to be that good. The only reason I will be purchasing Halo 5 is because Halo has one of my favorite Campaigns/Story of any FPS and I sure as hell want to continue the Master Chief's story, especially with Cortana outta the picture.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote