Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #45
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
It's painful to watch people defend the game still even though the man in charge of Halo admits it's bad.

This is what happens when you hire people from Infinity Ward and Treyarch and let their voices be louder than an already existing, ready to buy fan base whose majority didn't like Reach in the first place. The mistakes that were made? Copy-paste ad nauseum from the highest selling, most played shooter on the market. Something that Halo used to be. The mistake was thinking that by mimicking those gameplay mechanics you would steal their fan base and money. Sure, people voted with their wallets in their initial interest of the game, but look at it now. More people play Medal of Honor Warfighter I bet. I heard MLG dropped Halo because of the whole Virgin Gaming deal. That's a shot in the foot that already has a hole in it.

But no, no matter what you tell people, some of them will sit there digging in their heels and deny any wrong doings. Everyone stopped playing: "That doesn't matter, as long as I can find a game I'm happy, the number of people playing doesn't matter at all". They copied Call of Duty: "No they didn't, these things aren't exclusive to CoD, they just copied everyone else (who already copy CoD)".

This is twice that Halo has failed on a main entry. Sure Frank O'Connor can promise me that Halo 5 will be better and I might even buy it to see if he is right but at this point will anyone else? Halo's population will never return to it's full strength ever again. It's done, over, the damage has been dealt. MLG picking up CoD is just further solidifying it's chokehold on the shooter world. Next generation is just going to be the same story different hardware.

343 has even bigger shoes to fill now.

Frank never said the game was Bad. He simply stated that they know the areas they were weak in and he knows where they need to improve for next time. And Halo 4 isn't bad by any means. Just because it's not the strongest game in the series doesn't mean it's bad. Same goes for Reach. No game in the Halo series is bad and if anybody thinks it is, they obviously have never played an actual "bad' game before.

What are you on about Infinity Ward and Treyarch? Nobody form either of those companies works for 343 or has any hand in it. And as for saying Halo 4 copied from CoD, that's blatantly false. No videogame owns a particular feature and any game can use any feature they want. And besides that, there were games long before Call of Duty that use loadouts in one manner or another. Just look at the original Counter-Strike for example. Halo took nothing from any particular game, instead focusing on making personal changes to itself in ways that the developers felt might be beneficial to the series.

MLG dropping the Halo series also isn't necessarily a bad thing either. It's pathetic that people think because a subpar gaming subsidiary comprised of a small minority of the gaming population decided to drop Halo 4 that this means the game is bad. MLG is a very childish and poorly-conceived attempt at encouraging competitive drive and attempting to influence game developers to their way of thinking instead of doing what the developers themselves are aiming to create. I am personally glad MLG has disassociated themselves from Halo 4 because I've noticed the Halo community has improved substantially. H3, H4, and Reach have seen a huge decrease in "MLG Pros" bragging about their leet skills and complaining about how Halo doesn't cater to MLG needs anymore.

As for people defending the game no matter how bad it is, that's because, believe it or not, some people actually might enjoy the game. Shocking, right? I myself find Halo 4 to be one of my favorite games in the series. ODST and Halo 1 had better campaigns, but Halo 4 has a better campaign than H2, H3, and Reach in my opinion, so i'm definitely not "defending the game despite how bad it is."
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote