View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:37 AM   #52
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
I get that Halo needed to evolve. It did that on every entry, but the core of the gameplay always stayed and had always been teamwork, map control and the trinity of guns, grenades and melee. Most of that was lost in Halo 4. Map control is a thing of the past since ordinance spawns wherever the fuck at whenever the hell intervals. Guns are the only useful way to fight now, grenades don't do a thing in terms of damage and are useless besides sticking people and melees are useless outside of back smacks because everyone spawns with a goddamn shotgun.
Pretty much. Reach changed a bit from Halo 3's competitive experience, but the core gameplay was still there...despite the maps sucking total ass. Halo 4 doesn't feel the same as previous installments.

It's a run-and-gun type of game now. Much like...dare I say it...any other Multiplayer FPS on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
The game just failed as a whole on the multiplayer end. It's still fun from time to time, but it's just a shell of what Halo used to be. It's just plainly obvious that the multiplayer didn't get as much attention that it needed.

I wrote more than I wanted to here and went off on a tangent but whatevs. Part of me is obviously really sad with how this game turned out and it's hard to not show it.
Well, at least your voicing your opinion instead of trying to force yourself to enjoy the game as I did almost all of December. One could hope that Halo 5 will have an enjoyable Multiplayer experience, but I know it's not gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
What other games have loadouts, PERKS, kill-cams, killstreaks, and prestige mode all in the same game that aren't already copying CoD?

The only other game that has all of this in it that isn't CoD is Crysis 2 which guess what is biting off them as well.
*Yawn* Have you played Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3, or even Assassin's Creed Brotherhood/Revelations/3? They have almost all these features and just because they do...they aren't copying Call of Duty. Call of Duty influenced them, of course, but they're not "copying" the damn game.

I know for a fact you're not going to reasonable so if you choose to reply (which you will because I know stubborn people like you) don't expect me to waste my time trying to tell you that...

CALL OF DUTY DOESN'T "OWN" ANYTHING.

TL;DR; If you are defending Call of Duty so much, hop off these Halo Forums and go chat with people of the Black Ops II Forums.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote