View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #42
BiggD
Halo: MCC - 120 Days Left

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
The irony is that Halo's "Core-Gameplay" was, as I pointed out, very much exploratory...But most gamers will never come up with an innovative or unique idea and they will never move forward if they don't let the industry evolve.
But aren't Devs doing that too? Alotta games are basing there Multiplayer or certain Single Player elements off more successful titles (Like Call of Duty influencing many games' Multiplayer now).

Quote:
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that gamers don't know what they want. They bitch when things don't innovate and change, but they bitch when things are changed and a series begins to innovate *Looks at the Halo Fanbase*
I might be going out on a limb here (I do agree that people will complain no matter what) but Devs should stop making sequels and start making new IP's. I don't like that there's a 4th Gears of War, talk about a 4th Mass Effect (never played), rumors of a 4th Assassin's Creed, etc.. I want NEW games. Not sequels.

Quote:
If only more people were focused more on the quality of the games they play and less on the quantity of games they get...[the] industry has been overtaken by Casual gamers that care about nothing but that mindless multiplayer fix.
Well I'm sure this isn't directed exactly at me, but personally, I don't consider myself hardcore at all. I always say it on these Forums, I don't care about Multiplayer that much anymore since MP nowadays just down right sucks...

Quality of games? Hells yeah. One of my favorite games in the past 2 years is Max Payne 3. Partially because it's less of a run-and-gun shooter and more of a cinematic experience. The flow of cinematics and narrative made the game what is was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
I would rather be called a 'casual gamer' than ever identify as a 'hardcore gamer' because people who identify as 'hardcore gamers' tend to be snobby elitists who have nothing better going on in their lives than video games.
I will have to agree with Gheuh here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
#PCMasterRace
PC gamers are pricks. I have two co-workers who play nothing but World of Warcraft and League of Legends are they're complete fucking tools who think PC games and gamers rule all.

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog

Last edited by BiggD; 01-27-2013 at 11:58 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote