View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #49
BiggD
20 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Devs are so afraid to take risks and do something new because new doesn't sell as well as familiar. Can't blame gamers since games are $60 a pop and not worth the risk. The developers need to be focusing on getting development costs down and reducing the cost of their games in favor of being able to create more unique IP's. Every now and then you get a lucky break like Dishonored that does well, but typically a game only ever sells on Franchise or Developer name alone, so you see wonderful games like Catherine, Brutal Legends, and Enslaved ignored in favor of [FPS #72]
Yeah, they rather tack on a number to their next release than make a new IP. It's sad, but they'd rather play it safe...which sometimes work but still, I would rather see new ideas within new games.

I still wanna pick up Dishonored at some point.

Quote:
I just stated it a sort of observation that "Hey, this is what you do for the Industry" kind of way. And personally, from the way you talk about gaming, I can see you as much a veteran gamer as anything. You have diversity in your games. I've seen you on boards from Halo to Splinter Cell to Elder Scrolls and everything in between. Plus with topics like your Halo 4 Legendary guide, it's obvious you're willing to put a little time into helping or improving the community.
Oh for sure dude. I like to explore different genres of games. I would be bored to death if every game I picked up was an FPS, lol. I don't have a favorite genre or preferred genre, I just play what looks good and rarely am I disappointed with my purchases. And the community better appreciate that Guide...it took me 3 damn weeks! But seriously, I enjoyed making it. It seems to have helped a good amount of people which is awesome.

Quote:
This is one title I have yet to try, though I'm definitely looking forward to getting it now that I have my Gamefly account up and running again. It's been a couple years since I shut it down, so now I have a nice list of games to try out.
You'll love it. I guarantee it!

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadZakpak
You would be Satan not to buy Halo: MCC if you have an Xbox One.
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote