View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:43 AM   #53
BiggD
Herald of Andraste

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I'm all for narrative games, open-world games, RPG's, Stealth games, and a lot less Shooters...but this is way to bold of him to say:

"[T]he developer claimed the industry would die without innovation, further noting that while shooters will 'always be successful,' new ideas will benefit the business."

I don't agree. The video game industry won't necessarily die out because it has too many Shooters. With that said, there are plenty Shooters that suck complete ass; he kinda makes it seem like every Shooter is "too successful."

Also, he stats that, "sequels kill creativity." Again, I don't agree. There have been many sequels that are 150x better than their predecessors. Plus, sequels allow games to evolve.

This guy seems a little whack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
The Halo franchise is the most I've ever invested in a gaming franchise, I've purchased all the games, some LEs, the PC versions of CE and 2, and some Halo-themed controllers. But I want to see it end, soon. The further we carry on, the more disappointed I am, and the more "samey same" feel is what I generally receive. Maybe we could see some future books, or a live action film, but no more games after 6.
Ditto. Halo should have ended with 3. Halo Reach wasn't even necessary since we already had Nylund's book, "The Fall of Reach" and as much as I love the Campaign of Halo 4, it wasn't that needed. Woulda been more mysterious for Chief to be floating in space and then leave the game like that, right? Or as you said, continue the story through novels, or a film (which would be cool).

EDIT: Beyond: Two Souls looks mad good. PS3 exclusives kick Microsoft's exclusives ass.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~

Last edited by BiggD; 01-28-2013 at 02:52 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote