View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #58
BiggD
52 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
Halo is definately in its golden years and we can only hope it ends with Halo 6. As much as I love the series it is time to move on. Unfortunately, IIRC domain registrations and papers have already been filed for Halo 7, 8, and 9. Maybe we won't get there, maybe we will.... but it's a scary thought.

You can see this trend carried over directly in the changes made with Halo 4. I truly don't believe they were trying to be innovative with the changes to the multiplayer. I think they were trying to make it more accessible to ensure that it moved copies. They had a chance to innovate with Spartan Ops, although a cinematic cut scene wrapped around what was essentially 'kill all the enemies' objectives wasn't very far on the innovative end of the spectrum. Given that they had all these armor abilities and such at their disposal, it would've been much better if they required co-op teamwork with various players doing various roles. Instead we got 'kill everything in sight' missions which felt like slow-paced but unchallenging firefight more than anything else. I like it well enough, but the more I think about it, the less innovative I think it is.
We're kinda going off topic here so I'll just say this.

Bolded quote -> very true, no one's denying that.

If there does come a year past 2020 where there is a Halo 7 onward...then I might actually not bother picking them up. That's fucking ridiculous.

Strategic SpOps would be great, but half the people who play Halo enjoy the mindless "kill everything that moves" and I'm sure a large majority favor it more than our shared liking for a more Co-Op based, teamwork heavy Spartan Ops.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote