Thread: F*** Hardcore
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Go slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Imo, it's not worth the headache. Just walk away from it. No one cares if you don't max it. It's a stupid achievement that was meant to frustrate more than challenge.
Hmmm... why am I not surprised.

Frankly found it a worthy challenge. I stink at shooters for the most part and had trouble with it true, but had a hell of a lot of fun too. It was a great experience to feel that level of paranoid stress, very immersive even after having played the game twice before already.

There are quite a few tips and tactics threads for hardcore in here OP, give them a read through as they do help immensely.

In a nutshell: Patience! Go slow and never rush, it's always the little things that kill you, and stick to only 2-3 weapons at most. Dump and sell everything else. Contact Beam, Plasma Cutter and Force Gun are pretty much all you'll need, max them and your RIG, and you should be okay.

For my Hardcore run, I basically locked myself away for the weekend with a stocked kitchen and a case of beer. Totally worth it.

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 02-08-2013 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote