View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
Cyclobomber

Cyclobomber's Gamercard
I kinda liked both playthtoughs on Damn, I'm Good (main game and add-on).

It was very challenging and at times unfair, yes (turret sections were part of the problem, of course), but then again I've been very careful about saving ammo and items (I often found myself forgetting to use them where it would have saved me a few tries, keeping them for later for in fact nothing -most egregious case against the final add-on boss, did it without items, and the last section inside her womb is fairly unfair), swapping weapons here and there, abusing the head scale setting for easier headshots, and also keeping mobile.

This is a game set like a modern militaty shooter, but with classic FPS run'n'gun mentality, always run around and circle strafe during fights, grab what you find, bash your enemies.

A few examples where hogging on items if beneficial:
On the rooftops of the Duke Burger, if you saved your steroids so far, there is another bottle of pills sitting on a crate on the antenna, break the crate to make it roll to your level, 2 sets of pills can make a big change when fighting berserk pigcops on the hardest difficulty.

Also, in the Dam, when you turn the power back on and find yourself besieged by pigcops, there is a 'secret' holoduke before the checkpoint. Grab it, activate the checkpoint (flip the switch), then save & quit. The holoduke will be back, allowing you to distract the hardest to reach pigcops while you clean up.

Same when you stack the blue barrels and are besieged, grab the beer and shotgun, and when the assault captains appear save & quit (a checkpoint is activated beforehand), the beer and weapons in the foreman's office will be back.

Last edited by Cyclobomber; 03-20-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Cyclobomber is offline   Reply With Quote