DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
on t
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
Bullshit. Watch me argue it:

Not only did I just argue it, I'm pretty sure I just won.

Oh wait, you say the movie doesn't count? Let me argue it again then:

Why the fuck would I buy that when I have the original Doom 3 release on PC, which is far more stable, isn't a watered down console port with barely any PC standard options editing (yes, Doom 3 BFG on PC is a port of the console version of BFG, thanks for that one id), can be updated with mods to provide even better graphics than the BFG edition offers, and can also have new campaigns provided by modders? What does the BFG edition have, an new 2 hr campaign? Not worth even the discount price of $20 that Steam offers me for owning the original Doom 3. So I still submit that I can argue the point and that I have won this argument. The PC version of Doom 3 BFG is bad Doom and id should be ashamed of themselves for it.

But hey, at least I get to keep my $20. If I want to replay Doom 3 with better graphics, I'll just download some mods since id fucking blew it so horribly.

Eh, Absolution is all edited and stuff. Doom 64 EX is where it's at if you want an authentic Doom 64 experience: http://doom64ex.wordpress.com/ I used this when I couldn't get used to the awful N64 control map after buying an actual Doom 64 cart and it was fantastic.

Seriously, play Doom 64 if you haven't yet, that game is quite fucking awesome and far more worthy of the Doom name than that shitty movie.
This is a very good argument. Win. The film was a stinking pile of shit. Ruined the name Doom. I just got back into Doom 2, and forgot how amazing it is. I would love to see more Doom, and even Hexic and Heretic. Some of the best gaming moments of my life.

On another note, I have never played Doom 3. Should I get my grubby little mits on a copy? My mate is selling it cheap at his shop and I'm very tempted.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote