Thread: Worth buying?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #11
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
I'd say no. The game is utterly forgettable. I suppose it's nice if you're into stealth games but that's all it has to offer. The graphics are kind of bland; characters are underdeveloped and lack emotional connections to the player. The story is rendered pointless by the terrible ending.

I could go on but you're better off playing the new Bioshock Infinite unless all you care about is a quick stealth fix.

Bioshock plays better minus the stealth.

I can not disagree with this more: The game and it's setting are very memorable (and left me wanting to see more of the world in which it is set), the graphics suit the story/setting, the characters are well fleshed out (Though if you're not a creepy stalker who reads every note/book in game and listens to characters coversations through key holes for ages, a lot of the characters can be hidden behind their motives and just a target that needs to be killed, which is an awesome way to do it)

Without more context about what is terrible about the ending (also there's more than one ending), I can't really defend it, besides to say that it's the ending that the character deserves!

Over all I would say that Dishonored is one of my favourite games.
So is Bioshock, but I'm not sure what Bioshock has to do with Dishonored...

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote