View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #28
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
Ok I will bite... what do you mean by add absolutely nothing to the story? It showed us why Washington decided and was so utterly against becoming a king when founding the united states. To me that is giving us a reason for it in line with the assassins creed story. Keep in mind that in reality he was really faced with the choices of be the king or find a new way.

This did a great job of showing us why he felt so strongly about not being the king. He saw what absolute power could do to him even if only through a shared illusion with Connar.

The one weak point I will give you is that the memory fragments dont really explain where the guy he got the apple from found an apple.... or why that person wasnt using it. (seems only Desmond's family has the right DNA for it though, so one could argue that....)

However, if this was your last, I hope you find something else that you will enjoy. One should always pursue enjoyable games when parting with ones hard earned cash.
Not looking to start a debate or fight, just didn't feel like it added to the overall story. We know that the next game will be set in the past so the events in this DLC really added nothing. Some may find it cool to see the historical aspects of that, but nothing in this DLC moved the overarching story any further.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote