View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #20
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Isn't that just the big old wish list that they posted on the forums as 'what players wanted' and then bookended it with statements saying they would pretty much never have time to implement it all?

Obviously most people on the Defiance forums just saw a big list and said 'YAY LOOK AT ALL OF THE STUFF TRION IS GIVING US' without reading about the fact most of it would never even be considered. I very much doubt that most of, if any, of that will make it into the game as it is basically not in the developers best interest.

The bank thing is especially unlikely as they are currently charging people for extra inventory slots. So somewhere to store all of your goodies would negate that entirely. I saw one guy say he had over 300+ inventory slots, which implies he has spent a shitload of money. Trion are not going to nerf that revenue stream.

I think the sooner people stop seeing Trion as this big, friendly company who are only making a game to please us, the fans, rather than just another game making machine out to make as much money as possible, the better. Seriously, they are adding features and DLC to make more money - not because they want fans to get everything they want and be happy.

jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote