View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For those playing the JP version of this game and/or want a better guide

First off, credit goes to Seddo for making the original guide. Seddo's guide (Click here) The only thing I take credit for is the screenshots and putting the achievements in the right order. Everything else in the guide is Seddo's work.

I know this is a really old game and not many people will be playing this. But for the few gamerscore whores who play this game I think you may find this helpful.

First, for those playing the Japanese version of this game, you'll notice a large portion of the game is in Japanese except for the menus. So if you want to know what level you're on so you can follow a guide for an achievement you can only tell by the picture of the level, unless you know Japanese. So what I've done is loaded up the english version of the game and took screenshots of the levels as they're loading so you can know which level you're on. Also, I have added a screenshot of the load save page to show what each level is in Japanese in case you miss an achievement and want to load a level but don't feel like randomly picking saves hoping you picked the right level.

I have grouped the achievements based on the order in which you can unlock them and put the screenshot of the level at the top for those playing the jap version. For the miscellaneous achievements, most can be done on any level. I just place them on levels that I think they are best to go for while playing on that level or when doing cleanup.

I just noticed that you can select any level when on the world map. So the order I have the levels listed might not be the same. Just find the mission your on and look at the achievements you should go for on that level.

You'll need to play the game twice as extreme isn't unlocked at first, so play on easy for your first playthrough. Also, keep a save for each level as once you beat the game you can't do level select if you miss an achievement and don't want to try and do it on extreme difficulty.

Single player/co-op

Level 1 Monastery

Level Specific Achievement(s)

One Careful Owner

Ensure BMP survives until the end of Monastery.

Right near the end of the first level you'll come across a tank, as soon as you get into it drive forward and blow the blockage out of the way, shoot at the enemies and a couple of turrets that are firing at you. Proceed further and you'll see your teams chopper shooting at an enemy chopper, shortly after there will be a tank blow that up before it has a chance to shoot you. Carry on until your come to a corner go around and then exit the tank to take care of an enemy with a RPG, after that jump back in and proceed forward keep edging forward whilst peaking around the corner to get a shot at another tank but it sees you. After that there should be not more threat so just carry on the level on foot, the achievement will pop up at the end of the level.

Miscellaneous Achievement(s)

Scorched Earth
20 Destroy at least 75% of destroyable objects in a mission.

To unlock this achievement you must destroy atleast 75% of destroyable objects in a mission, just simply go around the level shooting boxes, flammable containers and bottles, just simply rampage throughout the whole level. The first level seems to be the smallest of the ten available so that would be the best level to complete to get the achievement. I personally got it on the second level.

Brawler
20 Achieve 10 melee kills in one single player or co-op mission.

Achieve 10 melee kills in one single player or co-op mission. This can be tricky at times even though it seems simple. A few times when i've ran upto an enemy to melee him he's melee'd me back and sent me into MIA, so the best way i've found to do this is shoot the enemy first so the enemy starts to hunch down in pain and then whack him quick before he recovers from the gun shots, the best level for this is most probably the first level as there's not loads of enemies running at you at any one time.

Ain't Got Time To Bleed
20 Complete any Campaign or Co-op mission without going MIA (no loads or checkpoint resumes allowed).

Just complete any mission in single player or co-op mission without going MIA, you are not allowed to reload checkpoints or the achievement will not unlock, if your not the best player at the game it might be best of to play a mission on easy, the first mission will probably be the best to complete this.

Co-operative Mission
15 Complete any mission in Co-op.

Simply complete any one mission of the ten available in co-op, this is probably best done on the first mission on easy as there are no checkpoints during co-op play, can get a bit frustrating at times if you keep dying but keep your cool and take the level your playing slowly. If your going through the co-op campaign as normal this will unlock by itself anyway.

Perfect Partner
20 Complete a Co-op mission without either player going MIA.

Again not a easy thing to do, best of doing the first mission on easy and talking corners slowly and using the lean feature for extra protection, always watch your back for enemies running behind you and always work together don't go off in two different paths.

Level 2 Whaling Station

Level Specific Achievement(s)

Saving Private Yelkin
Ensure Private Yelkin survives in Whaling Station.

Right at the end of the level, you'll come across this fella, could be a bit tricky on hard difficulty so the best option could be to do it on easy as you'll have a vehicle with a turret attached to it aswell as a chopper that shoots at you and several enemies getting in the way, just do everything you can to save him, also be careful when it says 'press A to talk' as i did and accidentally meele'd him and he died.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here

Last edited by McDurbin; 07-21-2013 at 05:03 PM.
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote