Thread: Best Weapons
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
zlionsfan
Subscribing Member

zlionsfan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Second Place   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shdwwrym View Post
In my experience, with the warrior and archer at least, the 'best' item of each kind seems to stop at 96,000G in the shops. There seems to be a best armor, best helmet, best shield (warrior only), and then various weapons. I've yet to see any high-end weapons that were in the levels but not available from the shops (i.e., some sort of rare or unique drop), so if you see something around that much and need some gear, go for it!
I don't think they have any drop-only items. Items do come and go in the shops, though.

It seemed like for armor/helmet/shield, you got progressively better ratings, but (particularly for the warrior) you also chose between specialized or generic ratings: you might have armor that was 55 defense/0 magical defense and armor that was 26/26.

Weapons seemed to increase gradually in damage and have an optional component (poison/fire/cold/steal health). The in-game hints say that certain weapons work better against certain creatures, but I didn't bother with that much unless I had one weapon with a good power (like cold, for slowing monsters) and found another one that did more damage but had no special power.

waiting for Skyrim

zlionsfan is offline   Reply With Quote