-Estimated achievement difficulty:
-Approximate amount of time to 1000:
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed:
1 (2 suggested)
-Number of missable achievements:
None, free roam available
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?
-Does difficulty affect achievements?
Yes (Hard mode required, other difficulties stack)
Yes, Finish on hardest difficulty 100
(solution explained in Step 3)
-Extra equipment needed?
The achievements in this game are easy for the most part, although beating some of the champions and getting an "O" in all lessons may be a bit of a hassle at first. If you miss anything don't worry because once you get farther into the game it's pretty much a free roam Hogwarts.
Step 1: Easy Playthrough (Suggested)
You should start on easy to get a feel for the game and to make beating the minigame champions and getting an "O" in all lessons easier. In this playthough you will want to make sure you are doing the following:
- Recruit Dumbledore's Army
- Meet all characters in the game
- Discover all known areas of Hogwarts
- Discover the password for every shortcut portrait in Hogwarts
- Find all house ghosts of Hogwarts
- Find all flying creatures of Hogwarts
- Complete all teacher mini-quests
- Beat all wizard chess champions
- Beat all Exploding Snap champions
- Beat all Gobstones champions
- Find Luna's lost belongings
- Uncover all the hidden Hogwarts symbols
- Find Fred and George's hidden parcels
- Find the secret chess statues of Hogwarts
- Find the hidden wizard plaques around Hogwarts
- Find all the rare creature tracks hidden in Hogwarts
- Tidy up Hogwarts
- Got an "O" in all lessons
- Discover enough to complete discovery level 13
This all seems like a lot, but if you follow the GameFAQ's guide HERE
you will get most of these automatically.
Step 2: Mop Up
It would be a good idea to mop up any achievements you have left before starting the hard playthrough because you've already accomplished a lot on the easy playthough and you don't want to run into the hard difficulty glitch. Make sure you have the other 49 achievements before moving on to hard difficulty.
Step 3: Hard Playthrough
All that's left is your hard playthrough. To avoid the glitch make sure auto-save is OFF before starting. The game is fairly short and not much difference between this and the easy difficulty. So it won't take but a few hours to run through it. Make sure to save manually if you have to quit. I suggest playing through the entire game without quitting or saving if you have the time and want to risk not saving. This method worked for me after a failed attempt.
This game isn't all that hard, but may seem tedious if you miss certain things and have to go back and forth. Following the Guide and the GameFAQ's guide will help you gain all the achievements and avoid the 100
hard playthrough glitch.