View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #9
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Infekt View Post
Thanks! I tried to two star Acinto Rise, even after following ovendonkey's footsteps I was still 10 seconds behind the two star time. With dedication i could have done it but I was only one star away and i wanted this journey over fast! I worked on Chroma because the path on this course is very simple, if you can maintain top speed the entire race, and perform the two perfect wall rans on the curved glass walls (i always screwed up that second part and ended up on a lower platform and then having to jump up to the next level.) ovendonkey did not do the two wall runs in his video, i thought what he did was slower. if you can do the second wall run and then jump to the top platform there it saves you from climbing it but you must be at top speed. it saved me 2-3 seconds, if you know what section i'm talking about.
Yea, I know perfectly what part you're talking about, chroma for me was too plain, run forward for 20 seconds, jump for 15 seconds, wall run for the last sections. I couldn't use the side-jump boost so the long running sections hindered me. I'm more into speed-vaulting and jumping all over the place. Chroma was the first time trial I played in the DLC and after trying it I thought "Wait, I may not be able to get the achievement if they're all this hard." Fast forward 12 hours and I got my cheevo for 90 stars.

IMO Chroma was the hardest time trial for me.

I loved Actino rise (even though I got 2 stars on it), when I first played the level I had the "easy way out" mentality because I knew I didn't NEED to get 3 stars, hence I got 2 stars then said to myself "If I need that third star I'll come back to it." The only problem with that level is that sometimes the jumps are random, sometimes I'll speed-vault, sometimes I'll climb up the wall slowly, sometimes Faith won't even run up the wall. It was so random I did get frustrated at some points.

Beating Dirty in Killer Instinct is as easy as 123

Last edited by Jakez123; 07-25-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Jakez123 is online now   Reply With Quote