View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
Neverender

Deadpool x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Neverender   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Did You See That!? - 40
Get to level 20 while invisible in Escalation

Escalation is the first arcade game you unlock. You need to pass level 20 while invisible. To make yourself invisible, customize your character when you start arcade mode. Make your color clear, cape, hat, and cape lining none, and play through the arcade game.

This is made significantly easier if you unlock a hero after classic. Any of the items attached to you still appear, thus letting you know where you are. Jetpack is the easiest to unlock (beat level 25 in classic and it will be an option), so that is the easiest way to get the achievement.

The End of Infinity - 40
Unlock every arcade game

Once your player level is at 500, the last arcade game will unlock. Your player level increases by one for every new level you beat in the story and every new level you beat in the arcade.

My Beard is Impenetrable - 40
Complete a chapter without dying

Chapter one is probably your best bet for this. It's 40 levels, however none of them are particularly difficult. Story levels are static, so they'll always be the same. If you have trouble with specific levels, feel free to use powerups to aid you. Completely ignore coins when going for this. Going for them can get you killed and ruin your attempt for this achievement.

This achievement is glitchy. In order to do this, you have to have no deaths recorded in the chapter - meaning you have to get the achievement the first time you go through a chapter. So if you miss this achievement on your first attempt (which you probably will - you'll still be learning the game at this point), migrate your save to a removable storage device (such as a flash drive), create a new save on your hard drive, and try again.

That Level Was Nuts! - 10
Save a level code

At the end of any level that ends in a 0 (10, 20, 30, etc.) you are given the option to save a level. Do so, name the file, and the achievement will pop as soon as it's done saving.

I Bet You Lost Count - 10
1000! That's how many obstacles you have already seen

This will unlock with natural story progression (there are a lot of obstacles).

I've Bought the Power! - 10
Buy your first powerup

While playing a level, press . From here, you can buy one of three powerups with coins: to watch the computer run the level, to show a path through the level, or to turn on slow motion. Buy any of them to unlock the achievement.

Jack of All Heroes - 20
Reach Hybrid Rush level 50

Hybrid Rush is the last arcade game you unlock. In it, you get mixtures of multiple heroes (tiny, bouncy, rollie, etc.), and they change with every level. You also have a time limit. You can earn more time by grabbing coins. This is the most difficult arcade game, but getting to level 50 isn't bad. Since the levels are randomly generated there isn't one method to earn this, but here are some tips:

First, do not worry about score. Don't try Clutch or Double-Clutch here because you'll only be frustrated. Grab coins for time, but if you miss one or two, don't worry about grabbing them for your multiplier.

Second, jetpack is very helpful. If you're on a difficult level but one of your heroes is jetpack, just fly over them. You will lose some time by flying over the coins, but potentially dying isn't worth the risk.

Third, know your weaknesses. For levels with heroes you're bad at, just worry about getting to the end. There are plenty of coins in levels with other heroes and getting stuck up on trying to make one difficult jump can kill a really good run for this.

Fourth, remember the powerups! If you get a really hard level, slow down time, watch the AI, or display a path through the level.

Look What You Have Done! - 10
Watch a replay with 50+ attempts

You have the opportunity to watch a replay on any level that has a 0 at the end (10, 20, 30, etc.) in story mode. When you come to one of these levels, kill yourself 50 times and select watch replay at the end.

F I R E W A L K W I T H M E

Last edited by Neverender; 08-08-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Neverender is offline   Reply With Quote